1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please send an email to The Social Investment Consultancy or write to us at The Social Investment Consultancy, 338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, United Kingdom.
2. What Data Do We Collect From You?
We may collect data from you (User Data) in various ways:
- when you provide information following on from any contact you have made with us through this website (including without limitation to any requests for marketing material or job applications);
- when you provide information following on from the provision of our services to you, or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our clients;
- during the course of your use of this website, including, without limitation, all material you send or upload to this website (such as marketing requests and job applications) or any material you send to an email address given on this website.
Some User Data will inevitably comprise personal data about you and may include sensitive personal data. Personal data is information which relates to you and allows you to be identified from that data (or from a combination of those data and other information in our possession).
Sensitive personal data is information about or which reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings.
A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your computer’s browser so that this computer will be recognised by the site on your return. Cookies allow our web server to recognise your computer on connection to our website, which in turn allows the server to make downloading of pages faster than on first viewing. In addition, cookies may also be used by us to establish statistics about the use of this website by Internet users by gathering and analysing data such as: most visited pages, time spent by users on each page, site performance, etc. By collecting and using such data, we hope to improve the quality of the site.
The data collected by our servers and/or through cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information may not be kept for longer than one year.
Navigation data about site viewers is automatically collected by our servers. If you do not wish to have this navigation data collected, we recommend that you do not use this website.
3. Our Use of User Data
We only collect User Data necessary for our functions or activities. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name, address, occupation and contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us or our clients; or
- any interests you have with regards to areas of professional services or our events.
We will use User Data for the following purposes:
- To provide this website or any of our other services to you;
- To provide this website or any of our other services to our clients where this requires processing User Data on their behalf;
- To improve this website, including without limitation to dealing with your queries and notifying you of any proposed or actual changes to this website;
- To improve our services, including without limitation to dealing with your queries and notifying you of any proposed or actual changes to our service provision;
- To compile and provide anonymous statistics about our website users and provide related usage information to reputable third parties, which will not in any event enable any third party to identify individuals.
- To compile and provide anonymous statistics about our clients or indirect users of our services and provide related usage information to reputable third parties, which will not in any event enable any third party to identify individuals.
- To provide you with information you have requested from us, including without limitation to information and brochures requested through this website, our marketing activities (see below) and job applications (see below).
- To provide and market our services to you as a client;
- To manage our relationship with you or our clients; and
- To facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilling any legal requirements.
If you have already registered to receive marketing materials from us in paper and/or electronic form, we may use your data in order to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to The Social Investment Consultancy, its products and/or services. We may use any data provided by you to update records held by The Social Investment Consultancy. You may withdraw your consent to the receipt of marketing materials at any time and free of charge by sending an e-mail to The Social Investment Consultancy.
To consider any recruitment application or curriculum vitae you submit through this website
If you submit User Data (including personal data and sensitive personal data) to us via the e-mail address specified in the Careers section for applying for a post advertised at The Social Investment Consultancy, we will process such User Data solely for the purposes of considering applications and recruitment. Such User Data will not be used for marketing purposes. Marketing materials will only be sent to you in accordance with the paragraphs above.
4. Other Important Information
Change to Business
The Social Investment Consultancy may at some stage re-organise or transfer all or part of its business. This may result in the transfer of your data to new entities (which will be subsidiaries or affiliates of The Social Investment Consultancy) or third parties through which the whole or part of the business of The Social Investment Consultancy will be carried out.
If The Social Investment Consultancy ceases to trade, or becomes insolvent, enters into receivership or any similar or equivalent event occurs, those acting on behalf of The Social Investment Consultancy may sell the business or parts of it to a third party, in fulfilment of legal or business requirements. This may result in the transfer of your data to a third party through which the business or parts of it will be carried out.
In circumstances where the business of The Social Investment Consultancy or parts of it are transferred to a third party as described above, we shall use reasonable endeavours to contact you in advance of us disclosing your data to that third party, but you acknowledge that this might not be technically or commercially feasible in all the circumstances.
Transfer of User Data Outside the User Jurisdiction
The Internet is a global environment. In order to provide this website we may need to transfer User Data to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you are viewing this website (the User Jurisdiction) and process User Data outside the User Jurisdiction. If the User Jurisdiction is within the European Economic Area (the EEA) please note that such transfers and processing of User Data may be in locations outside the EEA. Any data sent or uploaded by you may be accessible in jurisdictions outside the User Jurisdiction (including outside the EEA). The level of data protection offered in such jurisdictions may be less than that offered within the User Jurisdiction or (as the case may be) within the EEA.
User Data may be controlled and processed by any of The Social Investment Consultancy’s offices, some of which are outside the EEA. The location of our offices may change from time to time and The Social Investment Consultancy may acquire offices in any number of countries or territories at any time, any one or more of which may act as controllers of and/or process User Data.
By continuing to use this website or our services and by providing any personal data (including sensitive personal data) to us via this website or e-mail addresses provided on this website, you are consenting to such transfers, provided that they are in accordance with the purposes set out above and elsewhere in the Legal Notices. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not consent to the transfer of this information to locations outside the User Jurisdiction (including, if applicable, outside the EEA).
While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your User Data by a court order or to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
We do not Sell or Exploit User Data Commercially through Third Parties
We will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make User Data commercially available to any third party, except as described above, or except with your prior permission.
Privacy of Electronic Communications
Although we welcome your queries, please note that any electronic communication through this website between you and us (or any of our lawyers, other employees or agents) may not be secure and, unless you are already a client, will not be treated as privileged or confidential. For this reason, please do not send us any email that contains confidential or sensitive information.
Changes to the Policy